Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Allan's Service Dog Journey Day 3

I spent most of the day learning about various social media web sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumbler, Pinterest, You Tube and Instagram.  I felt it was important to explore the various functions of each social media site and how they can all either connect via Twitter and or Facebook. At present, I have Twitter set up whereby each and every time I send I tweet, that tweet also gets posted to Facebook.  There is a lot of experimenting and tinkering around with the various share functions with each social media web site as all share functions operate differently.  Moreover, my objective is now more focused on a more specific targeted audience for when people view my Facebook Page. I want people who are not familiar  with service dogs to learn about the various tasks and functions they can be trained to perform.  Ideally through social media, I hope that I am able to educate and bring to light as how important a service dog can be to one's life. So, for now, the social media web sites that I am currently exploring along with the learning process shall continue, until I am more proficient with the various share functions.

For the most part it was a productive day, despite the fact that I am very tired.  However, this journey that I am on at present is so very important to me. Not only as to seek additional financial assistance via crowd sourcing, it's important to me to be able to educate others about service dogs. Over the past several years, I have conducted a lot of online research pertaining to service dogs.  I have read several blog postings, academia research papers, viewed several social media postings, and informative information provided by service dog non-profit organizations. Moreover, I have had the opportunity to speak with several individuals who currently have service dogs and how his/her service dog acts as a vital lifeline on leading a greater life of independence.

Today, I feel very blessed. Today I feel very blessed for the people who I have in my life that are supporting me and my quest to acquire a service dog. I am blessed to have such a wonderful network of friends and clinicians. Not many people in this world have such a strong and caring support network of people who I am close with.  Today, I had the opportunity to read a blog post whereby someone from a big city who was all alone, trying to acquire information about how to obtain a service dog. Initially, I felt compelled to reply; However, someone else responded before I did and provided very accurate information. So, I didn't feel the need to further add to the respondents reply. 

In summary for today's blog post: I am grateful for the opportunity to learn something new and different and my very strong support network of friends and clinicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment